Cardinals, we continue the series with dessert recipes to keep you in shape all year round! Today we will prepare an ice cream sandwich with protein brownie and walnuts.
Sounds absolutely appetizing, doesn’t it? Here’s what you need,
For the brownie:
20 g protein powder (chocolate or other flavor of your choice)
15 g cocoa powder
20 g erythritol (or other sweetener to taste)
20 g oat flour
20 g coconut flour
100 ml. fresh milk (or other of choice)
1 tbsp. coconut oil
Pinch of salt
2-3 tbsp. walnut liqueur
Orange essence (optional)
½ tsp. baking powder
Method of preparation:
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add salt and baking powder to them.
Beat the eggs, milk and coconut oil separately. If desired, we can add orange zest or grated orange peel to them.
Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix for a few minutes until a thick, uniform mixture is obtained.
Distribute evenly in a tray and bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for about 20 minutes or check with a toothpick whether the marshmallows are baked.
Crumble the finished cake in a food processor and blend, adding the walnut liqueur (or another one of your choice) until a sticky mixture is obtained.
For the ice cream:
200 years ago
100 g ricotta
50 ml. whipped cream
Sweetener to taste (we used 30g erythritol)
How to make the protein brownie:
- Mix the ricotta, cream and sweetener. Add the vanilla to them.
In a separate bowl, whip the cream and carefully add it to the rest of the ingredients, being careful not to lose too much of the airiness of the mixture.
- Add the walnuts of your choice to the finished mixture.
To assemble the ice cream sandwich, we use silicone round molds or others of your choice. They need to be silicone, so removing the already frozen ice cream will be easier.
- We distribute the brownie mixture in the bottom of the mold with a thickness of about 1 cm.
- We press well so that the cookie does not fall apart when removing the ice cream. On top of the brownie mixture, we spread the ice cream mixture, also about 1 cm thick.
- We leave it in the freezer so that the ice cream hardens and we can spread another layer of the brownie mixture on it, also carefully pressing so that all the layers stick together well.
- We cool for about 2-3 hours.
Calories for one sandwich (we got 4 from the recipe): 288 kcal
Protein: 20.5g/ Carbohydrates: 12g/ Fat: 17g.
If you don’t have the time or desire to cook healthy desserts created with optimal shape, weight and health in mind, you can try ready-made solutions – our protein candies without added sugar. Check out our best sellers now: